Database is essentially a global input variable to your code. It is also the inevitable part of the software application. Database testing is an important factor for testing any application. Basically it is used to check the values extracted from the tables of a web based or desktop application. The purpose of database testing is to check or to verify the data that are inserted in the application through any command.
testing is very important in a testing cycle of a tester. The tester
should know the table names and be able to understand and tweak the
procedure, triggers and the functions to verify the exact conditions of
the database. Applications are interconnected with the database either
by the SQL or Oracle. Database tests are supported via ODBC using the
Database Testing basically include the following:
- Database Validating testing
- Data Integrating testing
- Performance related to the database.
- Testing of the procedures, triggers and functions.
Below are the points to take care while doing the database testing:
- Domain knowledge. The tester should identify the back-end platform that is being used.
- Be able to write the queries
- Explore the tables.
- Need to set up test data in more than two tables to get reasonable initial data for the methods you want to test the data.
What to test in database testing
Check and verify all the functionality, which is happening on each and
every action, performed in the application. The action can be anything
like inserting the record, deleting the record, saving updating. Need to
verify that the added or the value we insert in the record should be
properly inserted in to the database with the correct values. If we
delete the record than the record should be deleted from the database
also. Same way updating any record should reflect the record in the
- Since the business rules are getting more complex
due to business logic, the tester have to make sure that the values have
been added correctly after the implementation of the business rules.
- Checking the integrity of UI data with database data.
- Checking whether any junk data is displaying in UI other than stored in database.
- Checking the execution of stored procedures with the input values taken from the database tables.
- Checking the data migration
- Execution of jobs if any
Stages of database testing
- Setup the environment
- Exercise system under test
- Check and verify the outcomes
the database requires you to hook into at least the setup and teardown
to clean up and write the require fixture data into your tables.
For more about Latest Mailing Database visit our own website.